Leather is delicate, and contact with the ground contributes to its deterioration. KD8 explains how to clean leather shoes to prolong their useful life.
Leather shoes and suede shoes should be treated with special care. When we do not use them for a while, the ideal is to store them in a place without direct sunlight and clean them regularly. Leather is a delicate material and loses color easily and, in the case of shoes, contact with the ground contributes to greater and faster deterioration.
Here are some simple steps you can follow frequently to prolong the life of your leather shoes. And, if you ever wondered how to clean suede shoes, these tips will be equally useful.
Always remember: Before performing any of these instructions on how to clean leather shoes, realized a test in a hidden or unseen place. And, if combination these methods with a commercial product, read and followed the label indications. We also suggest you follow the manufacturer’s care instructions and find out exactly what type of leather your shoes are made of. If the leather is untreated, we recommend applying oil or special wax for shoes with a soft cloth or a special brush for leather shoes. In the same way, when cleaning suede, it is important to make sure that you have the right product before following the method described here, because, for example, there are shoes and boots that are more susceptible than others to water stains.
How to clean leather shoes: general care
You can keep your leather shoes in good condition if, after each use, do a moment to remove dust and other traces of dirt on the surface. For this task, you simply have to pass a dry microfiber cloth.
- Once the dust and dirt have been eliminated, as we indicated above, pass a soft damp cloth all over the surface, without pressing too much, especially in the seams. Then let it dry.
- With the help of a soft cloth, application a uniform amount of wax or oil suitable for leather shoes. It is important that you let the product be absorbed completely.
- Be used a clean cloth to remove any excess wax or oil that may remain in the leather. Do not use the shoes in at least 24 hours, as the absorption of the product tends to be gradual.
- In some leather shoes, such as the patent leather, you can apply vegetable oil with a dry cloth, which will return its original luster. However, it is recommended to test the product before application in a small, hidden area.
- So how we recommend you to take care of your shoes regularly, we suggest that you also watch your clothes with excellent quality washing products. We recommend Skip liquid for all your washing, which will manage to leave your clothes clean, eliminating the balls of your garments.
As we clear before, cleaning leather is a delicate task and we must pay attention. Chamois cleaning also requires certain care, but with these tips will certainly be as new.